Floor Kids is a new break dance battle game featuring unique freestyle game play, rhythm challenges, and multiplayer sessions. Discover stylized hand-drawn graphics by award-winning animator JonJon set to an original soundtrack by world-renowned scratch DJ/producer Kid Koala. Innovative controls allow you the freedom to play the way you like with a dynamic scoring system that rewards your moves based on musicality, originality, and style. Build up your crew of bboys and bgirls, unlocking new characters and locations as you cross the city, busting hundreds of different moves and countless combinations on your journey from the corner to the club. Bring Your Skills. Build Your Crew. Find Your Style.
- Unlock 8 unique characters each with 16 moves and over 100 transitions between them
- Find your style with innovative freestyle controls that perform toprock, downrock, power, freeze, and combo moves.
- Win over the crowds with a scoring system that rewards musicality, originality, feel, and style
- Dance in many different locations, either in solo freestyle mode or two-player local party mode
- Stylized hand-drawn animations by JonJon
- Original music and sound design by Kid Koala
Floor Kids is an original idea by Montreal-based animator and former bboy JonJon. The Floor Kids first appeared in a series of short animated films produced in 2007-2008, featuring original music by Kid Koala, which were shown online and were incorporated in numerous Kid Koala’s live concerts. In 2014, JonJon and Kid Koala joined together with Envision and Hololabs to create a video game based on the Floor Kids characters and universe. The team set out to develop a unique break dance video game featuring 2D hand-drawn characters and innovative controls that make you feel like you’re dancing along with the character, all to the sounds of Kid Koala’s awesome beats.
Awards & Recognition
MERJ was founded in 2015 by veterans of game development, animation, music production, and live performance. By merging the resources of four creative studios – JonJon Animation, Kid Koala Productions, Envision Management & Production, and Hololabs – MERJ harnesses their expertise to build innovative experiences combining scratch, sketch, script, and screen.
More information can be found on the producer’s website: www.merjmedia.com.